To support state implementation of school improvement requirements in ESSA to achieve Minnesota’s World’s Best Workforce initiative.
Through this new project, MWCC is assisting MDE in its support of state implementation of school improvement requirements in ESSA to achieve Minnesota’s World’s Best Workforce initiative, including strengthening stakeholder engagement, building school improvement and turnaround efforts in schools identified for comprehensive and targeted support, and increasing the capacity of MDE staff to create, analyze and use surveys and focus groups to inform ESSA decision making.
- MDE will develop an accountability system that aligns ESSA requirements and Minnesota’s World’s Best Workforce initiative.
- MDE will draft a state-approved list of evidence-based interventions that align with Minnesota’s Common Principles of Effective Practice.
- MDE will develop an MDE policy and criteria for the review and approval of local evidence-based interventions if a school implements interventions not on the state-approved list.
- MDE will create district guidance and a defined process for identifying local evidence-based interventions if school needs would be better met with interventions not on the state-approved list.
- MDE will define best practices for credit and dropout recovery high schools, and differentiated strategies that support those practices.
- MDE will design the survey team’s intranet site so that MDE staff can easily access survey support resources and tools.
- MDE will conduct three training opportunities for MDE staff (e.g., brown bag, workshop) related to creating or using surveys to support agency data-driven decisions.